cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:37:33 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Make it easy to try it and people will come.

I do totally agree. As showed at cocoon-gt, I have a IzPack based
installer that already delivers a cocoon dist, with a small gui with
three buttons (start server, stop server, open welcome page) that start
and stop an embedded jetty loading the dist .war file.

Also other apache projects are starting to use it to deliver demo or
final binary builds, like apacheds for example.

It's a matter of a couple of hours to commit it and have it deliver the
samples-dist.

Can't think of anything simpler than this and doable in a short time ATM.

The only drawback I see is that WAR file of a complete cocoon dist is
very big, but we can clearly specify that this happens only because it's
a binary complete build quick and easy to setup, and that once they will
start working with maven etc.. they will not have to do those big
massive download, cause maven will take care of downloading only the
needed jars and only once.

Let me know if you think this could ease users to test the 2.2, I can do
it in the weekend.

Simone