cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:50:55 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Regardless of download presence, at the very least there should be a
>> 2.2 site set up and running.
>>   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/
>
> IMNSHO we don't have http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/ anymore. Information
> about the core will be available at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/core-modules/core/2.2/
> (see http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/core-modules/core/2.2/ to
> get an idea of the big picture)

Actually... About the big picture, I'm not sure I'm getting it. The current site
structure is:

   /      - Cocoon Project (PMC) site
   /1.x   - Cocoon 1.x site
   /2.0   - ...
   /2.1

So from the POV of top level site, what is Cocoon 2.2 - where should it be in
the list of "Projects". Is it "Cocoon NG" project?

Does it mean there is no "root" path for Cocoon 2.2 docs - they are all
scattered around PMC site? (I'm assuming here that /core-modules is not the only
path element used in 2.2 docs).

Where would (radically different, hypothetical) Cocoon 3.0 go if Cocoon 2.2 will
take unversioned http://cocoon.apache.org/core-modules/ space? Keep in mind that
copy of 2.2.Last docs will have to be accessible after 3.0 goes gold.

Vadim