cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:12:13 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>>
>>> It is a bit different for 2.2 though: there were no "real"
>>> downloadable release yet,
>>
>> And maybe there will never be one. Don't know. There doesn't seem to
>> be much energy in this community to provide it - especially if you use
>> Maven 2 you don't need it.
>
> If using maven 2, might be, yes.
>
> Regardless of download presence, at the very least there should be a 2.2
> site set up and running.
>   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/

IMNSHO we don't have http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/ anymore. Information about
the core will be available at http://cocoon.apache.org/core-modules/core/2.2/
(see http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/core-modules/core/2.2/ to get an
idea of the big picture)

> Next, announcements has to be sent out. It should go out to announce@a.o
> as well.
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-apache-announce&m=105161222423468
>
> How else people would know about new release if it is not mentioned
> anywhere?

ok

>>> so there is really no easy way to download 2.2 and give it a spin on
>>> existing 2.1 project.
>>
>> That's not true. What's missing is a guide how to do it. Technically
>> it shouldn't be too difficult.
>
> It's not difficult if you know it all. It is not trivial for users,
> especially with no Spring exposure.
>

>>>   * have CC working and not failing over,
>>
>> Continuum was stopped because I started to flatten the POM hierarchy
>> in trunk. This will hopefully save me a lot of time during the release
>> process.
>
> Do I understand it correctly - it should be turned off to simplify
> release process? Sounds Ok to me if that's the case.

No. I removed about 7 modules from our repository (see the commit messages with
a "flatten pom hierarchy" description) and Continuum still tried to build them.
It has to be reconfigured but anybody hasn't had time to do it yet.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc