cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:50:21 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>> It is a bit
>> different for 2.2 though: there were no "real" downloadable release yet,
>
> And maybe there will never be one. Don't know. There doesn't seem to be
> much energy in this community to provide it - especially if you use
> Maven 2 you don't need it.

If using maven 2, might be, yes.

Regardless of download presence, at the very least there should be a 2.2 site
set up and running.
   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/

Next, announcements has to be sent out. It should go out to announce@a.o as well.
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-apache-announce&m=105161222423468

How else people would know about new release if it is not mentioned anywhere?

>> so there is really no easy way to download 2.2 and give it a spin on
>> existing 2.1 project.
>
> That's not true. What's missing is a guide how to do it. Technically it
> shouldn't be too difficult.

It's not difficult if you know it all. It is not trivial for users, especially
with no Spring exposure.

>>   * have CC working and not failing over,
>
> Continuum was stopped because I started to flatten the POM hierarchy in
> trunk. This will hopefully save me a lot of time during the release
> process.

Do I understand it correctly - it should be turned off to simplify release
process? Sounds Ok to me if that's the case.

Vadim