cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:25:26 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> As scheduled some weeks ago I want to ask for opinions about a next
> series of module releases.
>
> Here my proposal:
>
>  - release cocoon-configuration-api and cocoon-spring-configuratur as 1.0
>  - release cocoon-core (+ all submodules) as RC1
>  - release the archetypes as RC1
>  - release cocoon-servlet-service as M1
>  - release cocoon-template and cocoon-forms as RC1
>
> Releasing as RC or stable means that we don't change contracts anymore.
> Is this okay for the proposed modules?

RC has a meaning of "release candidate", which to most people means "well tested
almost production quality code". Going through recent commits I noticed a lot of
refactoring, new code, untested code, and so on. This hardly qualifies as RC
material.

IMHO, it should be labeled as M(n+1). -1 on RC since code is not went through
enough testing yet.

Vadim