cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Switching to servlet-service-fw
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:18:20 GMT

For those of you who are using the blocks-fw and want to switch to the
refactored servlet-service-fw (the blocks-fw can be considered as deprecated!),
here is a writeup of what needs to be done to switch:

  -  pom.xml: remove dependency on blocks-fw and replace it with

  -  change your servlet bean definitions
     for working examples.

  -  if you use property replacement, you have to change the property
     "blockContextUrl" to "contextPath"

  - if you use the "block:" protocol, replace it with "servlet:".

  - update your web.xml to use the new DispatcherServlet:

     <description>Cocoon blocks dispatcher</description>

For me that was all I had to do but the three projects that I updaded aren't the
most complicated ones. I won't put this into the CMS or the Wiki as it will
confuse people very soon rather than being helpful. As I guess that all
block-fw^^^servlet-service-fw users are reading this list, this information
should find its audience anyway.