cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bart Molenkamp <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject CForms: how to find widget by it's full id?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:05:57 GMT
Hi,

There's probably a very easy answer to my question: how can I find a
widget by it's full id? I have an id, like "boxes.1.contacts1" (it's a
repeater inside an repeater), and now I want to find the repeater object
(I have a reference to the Form instance).

getChild(id) gives me a direct child member (as far as I can see), and
lookupWidget(path) requires me to translate all the dots into slashes
(boxes/1/contacts1 finds the correct widget).

So I can solve it with lookupWidget(), but I was wondering if there is a
method of direct accessing a deeper child widget without having to
modify the ID string. Something like 'findWidget()'. I can submit a
patch if such a method may be useful.

Thanks,
Bart.