cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [graphics] New version of masthead
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:34:23 GMT
Reinhard Poetz said the following on 5/2/07 11:17:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> But it takes a little bit to much screen real estate IMHO. It is a
>> little bit higher than our current look and nearly twice as high as
>> the masthead and top menu for Spring framework. Would it be possible
>> to rescale it so that it takes a little bit less space?
>
> could be worth a try

I wouldn't compare it to different websites. This is OUR website and we
should agree on it, no matter what size. I now miss the "search" box
that could be in the header as well.

Please note that "shrinking" the masthead will also take the "air" out
of the design and I suspect that it will give a cluttered and crammed look.

And don't forget you guys voted for the "blocks", so you have to live
with it. ;-)

>> Also the "getting ..." boxes dominates the page a little bit to much
>> for my taste (at least on my screen), they look quite heavy compared
>> to the blue fade out in the mast head. Would it be possible to make
>> them less visually heavy?
>
> I like these boxes as they are. IMO they should be the eye catcher
> number one of the homepage. I wouldn't change them.

I fully agree. This is our home page and the eye catcher. Other pages
will not have these green blocks, so don't worry.

I resized the page to 1024 x 768 and it still works well and leaves
plenty of space for the content.
I assume that the majority of (potential) users will be developers that
will have screens at that resolution or better. So I'm all for a minimal
"best" resolution of 1024 x 768 and improved aesthetics.

Bye, Helma