cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:04:57 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:

> As scheduled some weeks ago I want to ask for opinions about a next
> series of module releases.
>
> Here my proposal:
>
>  - release cocoon-configuration-api and cocoon-spring-configuratur as 1.0
>  - release cocoon-core (+ all submodules) as RC1
>  - release the archetypes as RC1
>  - release cocoon-servlet-service as M1
>  - release cocoon-template and cocoon-forms as RC1
>
> Releasing as RC or stable means that we don't change contracts
> anymore. Is this okay for the proposed modules?
+1

> Daniel, when do you think is the cocoon-servlet-service module ready
> for a milestone release? Or is it even ready for being released as RC
> too?
I think it is ready for a milestone release. More testing is needed
before it is time for a release candidate. With the new scheme based
configuration there is not much of an API anymore. The scheme
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/schema/cocoon-servlet-1.0.xsd

needs feedback however.

Also note that I have factored out the parts of the servlet services
that depends on the sitemap APIs etc to an own module:
cocoon-servlet-service-components. That module needs to be released as well.

/Daniel