cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing from trunk
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:05:19 GMT
Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):

> As scheduled some weeks ago I want to ask for opinions about a next
> series of module releases.
>
> Here my proposal:
>
>  - release cocoon-configuration-api and cocoon-spring-configuratur as 1.0
>  - release cocoon-core (+ all submodules) as RC1
>  - release the archetypes as RC1
>  - release cocoon-servlet-service as M1
>  - release cocoon-template and cocoon-forms as RC1
>
> Releasing as RC or stable means that we don't change contracts
> anymore. Is this okay for the proposed modules?

Of course cocoon-ajax was missed by mistake, yes?
I would like to kindly ask if there is any chance my latest patches will
get included into this release. I think this (plus documentation I
really plan to write) will speed up adoption of servlet service fw and
promote good practices. I know they are breaking C2.1 (not only samples,
but contracts) so I think it's right time to discuss about stop sharing
these blocks. Without major changes there is no chance to push things
forward :(

> And once again, has anybody time to prepare proper release artifacts
> of all Avalon and Excalibur modules that we depend on? The problem is
> that the artifacts are only available at an Apache repository but not
> at the central Maven repo. Note that all Cocoon committers have commit
> rights in Avalon land and IIU Jorg correctly, most of the work has
> already been done!
> IMO that's absolutly necessary for tagging the Cocoon core release as
> stable!

+1. Don't forget about releasing source jars when the opportunity
occurs. Thanks.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski