cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Releasing from trunk
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:48:18 GMT

As scheduled some weeks ago I want to ask for opinions about a next series of
module releases.

Here my proposal:

  - release cocoon-configuration-api and cocoon-spring-configuratur as 1.0
  - release cocoon-core (+ all submodules) as RC1
  - release the archetypes as RC1
  - release cocoon-servlet-service as M1
  - release cocoon-template and cocoon-forms as RC1

Releasing as RC or stable means that we don't change contracts anymore. Is this
okay for the proposed modules?

Daniel, when do you think is the cocoon-servlet-service module ready for a
milestone release? Or is it even ready for being released as RC too?

And once again, has anybody time to prepare proper release artifacts of all
Avalon and Excalibur modules that we depend on? The problem is that the
artifacts are only available at an Apache repository but not at the central
Maven repo. Note that all Cocoon committers have commit rights in Avalon land
and IIU Jorg correctly, most of the work has already been done!
IMO that's absolutly necessary for tagging the Cocoon core release as stable!

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc