cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Rewriting links in js files
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:36:43 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it's me n-th time ;)
>
> I would like to discuss link rewriting in js files and other text
> resources (css for example). Obviosuly, soon or later, there will be
> need (actually it already is, in Forms) to store some paths in JS files.
> That means that we have to take care of rewriting links in this kind of
> resources.
>
> My proposal is to introduce new reader for this task. It would scan
> whole content of file for valid URLs to rewrite, and do the job. I
> think, it could be easily achieved by use of some regexps. Of course,
> this new reader would implement caching because rewriting of some big
> files would be quite time-consuming.
>
> I haven't looked into the code of LinkRewritingTransformer so I'm not
> sure if it's code could be reused. Even if I had to write it from
> scratch I'm enough motivated but need to be sure that my work is not
> waste of time.
>
> Do you have any thoughts? Other options?

I agree with that we need a rewriting transformer. For the actual
implementation I don't think there is much to reuse from the
LinkRewritingTransformer. There is a large difference in scanning SAX
and a stream, for attributes. Furthermore I would propose making it
specialized for rewriting the servlet protocol, so that the only
configuration parameter is what attributes to rewrite.

/Daniel