cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Dojo paths problem
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:04:42 GMT
Hello,

I'm still fighting with Dojo to get it working in refactored forms. My
main problem is that I want to split stuff into separate parts but it
seems that introduction of Dojo assumed that all js will be on similar
urls and relative paths would just work fine. While that was true with
old ("_cocoon/*") way of loading resources it's not in refactored
environment.

We have our own namespace for our widgets and manifest.js registering
it. Dojo does not know about it, but is clever enough to guess where is
it and load where required. However, in new way of loading block
resources of one block are completely separated from other block's
resource. While it's desired and one of my main aims it breaks dojo
guessing badly. Take a look:
http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/cocoon-ajax-impl/resources/forms/manifest.js
http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/cocoon-ajax-impl/resources/forms.js
http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/cocoon-ajax-impl/resources/dojo/__package__.js

Whereby manifest.js is stored under:
http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/cocoon-forms-impl/resources/forms/manifest.js

Quick work-around was to tell dojo the path where manifest.js is stored:
dojo.registerModulePath("forms",
"servlet:forms:/resources/forms");                        <!-- tell dojo
how to find manifest registering our forms namespace -->

This fixes problem described above but I'm sure it's dirty hack and
moreover another issues (path errors) arise really quickly.

What's best way to solve this kind of problems? Am I good guessing that
assumption of relative paths has been made while introducing dojo?
Could some of those who has done this work actually speak on issues
described above? Jeremy? Bruno?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski