cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicole Hochleiter <hochlei...@seitenbau.com>
Subject Re: Extension of PropertiesFileModule
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:46:43 GMT
Mark Lundquist <lundquist.mark <at> gmail.com> writes:

[...]
> Hi Nicole,
>
> In terms of the current code base, for overriding one properties file
> with another the most parsimonious solution is to instantiate a
> ChainMetaModule in cocoon.xconf.  Declare it to chain two
> PropertiesFileModule instances — first the one for local.properties,
> then the one for default.properties.  No new classes required
>
> But maybe it will be felt that supporting multiple properties files in
> a single output module is desirable — in that case, it might be better
> to just enhance PropertiesFileModule rather than add an additional
> class....?
>
> cheers,
> —ml—

Hi Mark,
thanks for your answer and the hint with the ChainMetaModule. Since Cocoon is so
big you sometimes don't see, that it already has a solution for your problem,
like it is in my case. I didn't know the module and what it can do. But next
time I will look for existing solution or ask the mailing list first. :-)

Thanks,
Nicole