cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: cocoon-webapp, cocoon-dist-samples (Re: svn commit: r491696 - /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-webapp/pom.xml)
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:05:25 GMT

On Jan 2, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> What IMO would be cool, would be to "blockify" the samples. If we do
> that the "sample app" would only be a POM that would download all the
> needed blocks and create a webapp from them with the deployer. That
> would illustrate what Cocoon 2.2 is about. A fat binary sample app
> doesn't.

I get it.

The above is what I thought cocoon-dist-samples was! :-)

I see what you mean about the cocoon-dist-samples (a) not being useful,
and (b) not teaching anything about how a C2.2 app is supposed to go
together.  (a), because... who needs a big fat Cocoon samples war?
Nobody that I know.

So cocoon-dist-samples is just a war packager, and the jetty:run goal
that I was using from there to run the nonpacked webapp is just a
sideshow, right?

I "have the motivation" to do thing we are talking about.
Unfortunately, I'm lacking the know-how! :-)  Maybe I will try anyway,
and then when I'm done I'll have the knowledge... :-)

thx,
—ml—