cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not caching pages with continuations (was:...where is 304?)
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:32:10 GMT
On 1/29/07, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:

> >... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1619 also plays a role in
> > this, as headers set by internal pipelines are ignored.
>
> Yes, this is kind of a bummer indeed, which I already knew, but do you regard it as a
bug (aah reading the bug, you do not seem to really regard it as a bug, me neither)?

I think the current behaviour makes sense in the general case, but
making it possible for internal pipelines to set *some* headers might
be useful.

> ...I wondered if there was a solid nonhacky solution to the issue....

If HTTP caching headers must be set according to the content or to
what pipelines are executed, this has to happen at the end of the
pipeline...so I guess we're not as hacky as it may seem.

-Bertrand