cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: HTTPD mod_cache HttpCacheAction: where is 304?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 06:38:44 GMT
On 1/28/07, Fuad Efendi <fuad@efendi.ca> wrote:
> Following to
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ControllingModCache
>
> I found this class:  org.apache.cocoon.acting.HttpCacheAction (dated
> 2004-07-29)
>
> Unfortunately, this action can't reply with 304 on request with HTTP Header
> [If-Modified-Since: ......]....

The idea is that the httpd front-end would handle that case: if a page
has been cached by the httpd front-end, conditional GETs will not hit
Cocoon until the httpd cache expires.

So yes, you could say that there's no caching between httpd and Cocoon
in this case. But this doesn't prevent you from using Cocoon's
internal caches in pipelines, if you need to.

-Bertrand