cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <>
Subject CleanupTransformer + HTMLSerializer = Doctype twice problem
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:03:49 GMT

when using the CleanupTransformer from the html-block together with the
o.a.c.serialization.HTMLSerializer I get duplicate Doctype declarations
at the beginning of the HTML document.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

The HTMLSerializer is configured like this:

<serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
   <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>

And in the sitemap I use as the final transformation steps:

	<transform type="htmlcleanup" />
	<serialize type="html"/>

The transformer factory is configured to be

If I take the htmlcleanup out of the pipeline, there will be only one

Any ideas?

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message