cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: What is the deal with "blocks"
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:29:25 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> Another advantage of dropping the prefix "block" from the "polymorphic servlet
> service" stuff is that I get the impression that many people believe that
> anything that is prefixed with block is incredibly complicated. While the
> current stuff actually isn't.
>
> WDYT?

Sounds good.

servlet-services, ServiceServlet, ServiceServletContext,
"servlet:"-protocol and all the setting simplifications you proposed are
good. I found the difference between "blocks" as cocoon modules and
blocks as BlockServlets confusing, too.

BTW: In sitemaps you have multiple usage of the term "pipeline": there
is the element <pipeline> which typically contains multiple matcher with
their own pipeline - so you have pipelines there. And inside of act
statements you have "internal" pipelines where at the same time you can
declare a <pipeline> as internal-only="true"... All a bit confusing to
me ;-)

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek