cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Hardcoded artifact versions (was Re: Multiple local snapshots in Maven)
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:43:51 GMT

On Jan 21, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> I need to learn how to manage multiple local artifact sets in my Maven
> repo.  I have *two* different trunk build areas on my machine under
> svk (my local mirror of the ASF repo, and a local development branch),
> but I haven't put all the pieces of that story together w.r.t.
> Maven...

I think what is standing in my way right now is all the hard-coded
version ids in poms.  What's the deal with that?  There are a handful
of unique ones in trunk right now, there must be some reason why they
are all hardcoded into the individual project poms instead of defined
as properties in the root pom or the several intermediate parent
poms... and I just don't know the reason?

If they were properties, then I could trigger a profile using <file>
activation in my settings.xml and override the version property/ies,
setting them uniquely for whatever local branch I'm building in.

???
—ml—