cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: What is the deal with "blocks"
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:42:20 GMT

On Jan 2, 2007, at 11:32 AM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> IMHO, going forward the things like CForms, Ajax, Batik etc. should no
> longer be called "blocks" at all... rather  they should be called
> "optional modules", because that's all they are.

OTOH, I should think that it would be perfectly OK if some "optional
modules" happened to include real Block(s).  My proposed nomenclature
change isn't meant to imply some mutually exclusive thing, nor should
the structure of our sources or artifacts.

For instance, maybe Portal, Lucene, and/or Captcha are things that
would work well as Blocks.  I don't really know enough yet to say for
sure.  Other things like CForms don't really provide "services", they
are more like infrastructure things.

cheers,
—ml—