cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hardcoded artifact versions (was Re: Multiple local snapshots in Maven)
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 03:55:10 GMT

On Jan 27, 2007, at 6:39 AM, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>
>> :-/  It's also kind of a heavy-handed kluge that goes against the
>> spirit of Maven (IMHO alternative local repo locations should only be
>> used for testing purposes), but that's a secondary issue.
>
> well that's what you were describing no?

Not really, by "testing" I mean testing Maven, or testing repositories,
etc.

> Thanks for your interesting thoughts!

Y.W... After bumbling my way through learning more about Maven, e.g.
profiles, what <dependencyManagement> is/isn't supposed to be able to
do, etc., I'm convinced it's primary Maven functionality that's
required by this scenario.  I've just posted a request for discussion
on the Maven dev list, if anybody cares to follow along (or chip in!
:-) over there...

cheers,
—ml—