cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: CForms Roadmap
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:21:26 GMT
Hi Bruno

Thanks for the heads-up.

On 9 Jan 2007, at 09:06, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 13:01 +0000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Now that Cocoon 2.1.11-dev runs Dojo 0.4.1, I think we have a solid
>> platform to complete the modernisation of CForms client-side code.
>
> <snip/>
>

>> Replacements :
>>
>> Date/Time widget : replace MattKruse stuff with Dojo's
>> implementation.
>
> I'm going to need this in the next couple of weeks, so it's very
> likely
> I'll work on this.

Excellent.
I hacked one up recently ..... not well enough to commit ..... one
possible issue could be problems with l10n of the dates output by the
widget. It was outputting US-style dates, I was probably doing
something wrong.

>> Help & validation popups: replace MattKruse stuff with a new Dojo
>> implementation.
>
> I've got something like this in Daisy already, it seems to work quite
> well, so I could move it into CForms.

Great !
I was thinking of using a Dialog class as this would let users turn
on cool lightbox effects etc.

>> MultiValue Editor: re-implement as a Dojo widget
>
> This is also one I'm motivated to work on, since I wrote it
> originally.

Cool again ;)

> I still need to get up-to-date with dojo 0.4 and the current
> cforms, but
> if all goes well I hope to be able to do something about these 3.

Great news!

I went through all of the implementations of the Cocoon-supplied Dojo
Widgets, trying to clean up their usage of the Widget API. So
hopefully they provide a reasonably set of clean examples for you.

Have fun ;)

regards jeremy