cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: FW: HTTPD mod_cache HttpCacheAction: where is 304?
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:32:46 GMT
Hello,

> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> >
> > is there any best practice to have cforms in urls you do not know on
> > beforehand, with continuations?
> >

> Continuation is just randomly generated token, unique to each user
> interaction (like as session Id). Even if it is cached, even
> if GET is used
> as a form method, next form submit will request URL with
> different (not
> cached yet) continuation. (I believe continuation ID is
> always unique).

Think you are slightly missing the point: it is not about the submitting of the form, it is
about the form itself. Suppose, we have a link, like /form/query.html.

Now this for has a CForms form, with a continuation id, either in an input element or in the
action. Not the submit is the problem, but the fact that /form/query.html is cached by mod_cache
(not, we do not know on beforehand which urls are forms, so we can not tell mod_cache this).
Then, mod_cache delivers forms with the same continuation ids for example for 10 minutes,
but only the first one to submit will submit a valid continuation. Therefor, from CForms on
generation, you want to set globally on the response, the Pragma and Cache-Control header
to no-cache (and in load balanced environment, enforce a sticky session)

Ard