cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject [(slightly) OT] Re: Multiple local snapshots in Maven (was Re: Trouble w/ Eclipse Jetty Launcher again...)
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:08:40 GMT

On Jan 22, 2007, at 2:38 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Never tried it myself but according to the Maven documentation you can
> set an alternative path to the settings.xml file when you invoke maven
> (-s switch). In settings.xml you can set the path to you local Maven
> repo.

Yes... that would work, thx for the suggestion.  It's not really what
I'm after, because (a) a completely separate maven local repo is a
little heavy-handed, and (b) this would depend on my
environment/invocation instead of location, which means I am prone to
botch it, i.e. install artifacts built from area A as snapshot B and
then have a confusing mess to clean up.

I'm now learning about Maven profiles [1], it look like they may be
what I am looking for...

cheers,
—ml—

[1]