cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Fuad Efendi <fuad.efendi...@rbc.com>
Subject RE: FW: HTTPD mod_cache HttpCacheAction: where is 304?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:14:42 GMT

Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> is there any best practice to have cforms in urls you do not know on
> beforehand, with continuations?

Continuation is just randomly generated token, unique to each user
interaction (like as session Id). Even if it is cached, even if GET is used
as a form method, next form submit will request URL with different (not
cached yet) continuation. (I believe continuation ID is always unique).

We are talking here about GET methods in general, not about HTTPD...
Continuation ID may be send via POST also. It could be hidden field, and it
could be cookie. Usually all web-developers prefer POST with forms just
because "replies to POST method should not be cached until server explicitly
provides expiration header" (see HTTP 1.1 specs).

All cached pages have a key which is simply URL, for better caching use GET,
for non-caching - POST.