cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Too many emails from Daisy
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:13:49 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> Although the title of this email might look like spam, it's not spam but
>>> it is about spam :)
>>>
>>> It seems that Daisy is sending changes emails over and over again to the
>>> docs mailing list. Does anyone know why
>> yes, whenever it is restarted, the mail queue is worked off again. I guess it is

>> a bug of the particular milestone release that we use as I don't see this
>> behaviour in my company's Daisy instances which run on Daisy 1.5.1.
>>
>>> and more important how to stop this?
>> no idea, I would do it if I had an idea. Bruno?
>>
> What about updating to 1.5.1 then? I'm a little bit worried by the fact
> that we are using a milestone and I'm more worried that it seems that
> Bruno is the only one who is able to help us with Daisy problems.

Since Bruno is the main author of Daisy he's definitly the quickest when it
comes to track down a problem. But this doesn't mean that he is the only one.
Apart fromo the Outerthought guys at least Helma, Ross and I have been using it
in our projects and have a good working knowledge from a user's POV.

Daisy is very well documented and doing an upgrade is usually only following a
list of instructions (after doing a backup), e.g.
http://cocoondev.org/daisydocs-1_5/13/327.html. After looking at this document I
think that this particular upgrade should be very easy as there are no changes
in the data model.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc