cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not caching pages with continuations (was:...where is 304?)
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:41:00 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:

<snip/>
> This is actually almost the same "hack" we used, but instead of a transformer a selector,
and if some value set in flowscript, an action to set headers. Because we are outsourcing/other
parties using our "best practices", and I did not want them to have to think about setting
things in flowscript like sessions and values to indicate caching headers, I chose to "put
it in the black box" transformer, which handles it. Of course, also kind of a hack, because
 users aren't really aware of it (certainly because i did not want another sax transformer,
so I did add it to the StripNameSpaceTransformer which is by default used by us in front of
the serializer. But it does more then its name suggests, and therefor, it is hacky ofcourse.
But...at least nobody has to think about it :-) ). I wondered if there was a solid nonhacky
solution to the issue....

If it's for CForms, we can add the setting of no-cache headers in
Form.js since it's very unlikely that a form pipeline will be cacheable.

Also, for other flowscripts there could be a parameter on the <map:flow>
instruction stating the flowscript engine has to always set the no-cache
headers.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net