cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Block resources in 2.2 (Forms in particular case)
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:00:01 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
>
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:

>> Number 3) should actually be handled by the polymorphism, but this
>> only works with matchers from which you want to read - with a
>> PostableBlockSource it should be possible to do things like sitemap
>> child matching, generating stuff etc. and then calling sitemap super
>> with an XML stream for some final, shared layouting pipeline. But this
>> might turn into a performance bottleneck, since it would need
>> serialization of the XML stream for the PostableBlockSource....
>>
> Yes, it's also my concern (see caching validity mentioned in this
> thread). I don't understand how caching, redirecting of sax streams,
> etc. could be achieved without heavy serializing. Daniel, could you
> explain as I'm sure you've some ideas.

I haven't fought that much about caching.

For SAX-streams however I think we should make it possible to add SAX
awareness to the request and response objects for the servlet source.
Carsten started to to some experiments with (among other things) SAX
aware response objects
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/processor/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/processing/).

With SAX aware request and response objects, it would be possible to use
a servlet source in the same way as a transformer e.g.

/Daniel