cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Block resources in 2.2 (Forms in particular case)
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:26:25 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
>
> It is achievable. Take a look at the server-service-sample
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/.
>

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-servlet-service-sample-servletService1.xml
> is a configuration of a service servlet that connects to another
> servlet service. And
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/test1/sitemap.xmap
> is a sitemap using the connections.
I start to get the whole picture. So with servlet-service-fw/block-fw
(I've read the discussion but still not sure where are boundaries) there
is no concept of accessing files /directly/, right? Even if we talk
about resources like XSLs that are extended by other block, they should
be accessed by servlet: source and target block should it expose somehow
(by sitemap or special-purpose servlet mentioned earlier). Given that,
there is *no difference* between internal resources like XSL stylesheets
and CSS server to the browser. Correct me if I'm wrong at some point.
Looking at source code of sevrlet source makes me wonder: where is whole
caching stuff? Does TODO remark relate to this?

Next thing is availability of the resources to the outside world. Will
internal-only pipelines work as before (as expected I would say)? If I
understand whole stuff correctly, resources that are accessible via
servlet: protocol are also accessible directly from the browser because
servlet exposing them is mounted at some URL.

Also, I've missed the connections property point of configuration. Now I
now why my testing failed badly...
>> Sorry for asking so much questions but I would really like to understand
>> how all these things should be done along with the usage of new, shiny
>> features of 2.2 :-)
> No need to be sorry, I'm happy that people are interested in the
> stuff. And as long as I don't write any documentation its my own fault ;)

Exactly :-P

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski