cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Block resources in 2.2 (Forms in particular case)
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:59:08 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski napisaƂ(a):
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've tried Forms blocks using /core/cocoon-webapp block(?) lately and
>> I've found that resources loading does not work. I would like to fix it
>> but in the manner of using blocks-fw as it seems to be mature enough. It
>> is, right? So my questions are:
>> 1. Should block resources be served directly by block owning them? I
>> mean, should request for some javascript files be dispatched (by
>> blocks-fw dispatcher) directly to forms block and some matcher in there
>> would catch up the request?
>> 2. Or maybe always block that uses forms block should catch the request
>> for resources and redirect them (by using some source from block-fw?) to
>> the forms block?
>> 3. What about paths? Are they supposed to be absolute? If not, which
>> block (and phase of processing request) is responsible for link
>> rewriting and what technique is advised?
>>

> Next question is about exposing resources of one block the others for
> internal usage. For example, in
> cocoon-forms-sample/resources/forms-samples-styling.xsl we have 2
> inclusions:
>   <xsl:include
> href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
>   <xsl:include
> href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/>
>
> As far as understand the whole block architecture it should be changed
> to something like:
>   <xsl:include
> href="block:cocoon-forms-impl:resources/forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
>   <xsl:include
> href="block:cocoon-forms-impl:resources/forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/>
>
> At least that suggest Daniel's presentation (slide 22). Is this concept
> still valid?

Yes.

> If so, is it achievable and how?

It is achievable. Take a look at the server-service-sample
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-servlet-service-sample-servletService1.xml

is a configuration of a service servlet that connects to another servlet
service. And
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/test1/sitemap.xmap

is a sitemap using the connections.

> If not, is it hard to make it?

> Sorry for asking so much questions but I would really like to understand
> how all these things should be done along with the usage of new, shiny
> features of 2.2 :-)

No need to be sorry, I'm happy that people are interested in the stuff.
And as long as I don't write any documentation its my own fault ;)

/Daniel