cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Keys for cache are insufficient when using multiple block servlets
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:32:37 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek skrev:
> I just wrote a pipeline that fixes my other problem [1] (by selecting
> between two different pipelines based on the actual running mode) and
> included this fix for the caching key which works fine. I have to pass
> through each of the ProcessingPipeline methods anyway and in each call
> that has the Environment as parameter I change the uri prefix set in it:
>
> private void fixEnvironmentForCachingPrefix(Environment env) {
>     if (this.fixMissingCachingPrefixWithBlockServlets &&
>         (env.getURIPrefix() == null || env.getURIPrefix().equals(""))) {
>
>         ServletContext context =
>             BlockCallStack.getCurrentBlockContext();
>
>         if (context instanceof BlockContext) {
>             // use the mount path of the block as the prefix
>             String mountPath =
>                 ((BlockContext) context).getMountPath() + "/";
>             env.setURI(mountPath, env.getURI());
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> The trick is using the static method
> BlockCallStack.getCurrentBlockContext() and using the mount path as a
> unique and short URI prefix, which is then used by the caching pipeline
> implemenations. You are free to consider it as a dirty hack ;-)

I guess that it currently is hard to solve the problem without hacks.

I plan to create a special Spring "call scope" (Spring 2.0 allows for
custom scopes). The call scope will embed the block call stack (and
maybe also the sitemap call stack) in a way that make it possible to use
dependency injection rather than static methods for getting dynamic info
like the current call context.

/Daniel