cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Block resources in 2.2 (Forms in particular case)
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:02:09 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski napisaƂ(a):
> Hello,
>
> I've tried Forms blocks using /core/cocoon-webapp block(?) lately and
> I've found that resources loading does not work. I would like to fix it
> but in the manner of using blocks-fw as it seems to be mature enough. It
> is, right? So my questions are:
> 1. Should block resources be served directly by block owning them? I
> mean, should request for some javascript files be dispatched (by
> blocks-fw dispatcher) directly to forms block and some matcher in there
> would catch up the request?
> 2. Or maybe always block that uses forms block should catch the request
> for resources and redirect them (by using some source from block-fw?) to
> the forms block?
> 3. What about paths? Are they supposed to be absolute? If not, which
> block (and phase of processing request) is responsible for link
> rewriting and what technique is advised?

Next question is about exposing resources of one block the others for
internal usage. For example, in
cocoon-forms-sample/resources/forms-samples-styling.xsl we have 2
inclusions:
  <xsl:include
href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include
href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/>

As far as understand the whole block architecture it should be changed
to something like:
  <xsl:include
href="block:cocoon-forms-impl:resources/forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include
href="block:cocoon-forms-impl:resources/forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/>

At least that suggest Daniel's presentation (slide 22). Is this concept
still valid? If so, is it achievable and how? If not, is it hard to make it?

Sorry for asking so much questions but I would really like to understand
how all these things should be done along with the usage of new, shiny
features of 2.2 :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski