cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-maven-reports:jar:1.0 missing
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:04:51 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> Yet again? Give it a rest, follow the book [1].
>> aren't you missing it? We haven't had a coding conventions discussion
>> for months (or even years)! :-p
>
> :)
>
>>> http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html
>> Carsten, in a previous mail you said that you used a stripped down
>> version of rules. But of what rules, the Sun rules that Vadim refers to?
>> I assume you did this because the Sun rules caused too many errors and
>> warnings and made the report unreadable, didn't it?
>
> My guess: he does not like Sun's whitespace policies :-P

:) I hate whitespaces, all this formatting is imho superfluous. Why not
write the whole code into one single line and forget about the
discussions of using tabs or spaces? :)

Seriously, I *wanted* to use a stripped down version, but had not the
time to strip the current configuration. The current configuration is
based on the Sun conventions with a few modifications.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/