cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Block resources in 2.2 (Forms in particular case)
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:53:30 GMT
Hello,

I've tried Forms blocks using /core/cocoon-webapp block(?) lately and
I've found that resources loading does not work. I would like to fix it
but in the manner of using blocks-fw as it seems to be mature enough. It
is, right? So my questions are:
1. Should block resources be served directly by block owning them? I
mean, should request for some javascript files be dispatched (by
blocks-fw dispatcher) directly to forms block and some matcher in there
would catch up the request?
2. Or maybe always block that uses forms block should catch the request
for resources and redirect them (by using some source from block-fw?) to
the forms block?
3. What about paths? Are they supposed to be absolute? If not, which
block (and phase of processing request) is responsible for link
rewriting and what technique is advised?

Thanks for any pointers, advices. I would like to say, that I'm going to
document all these sort of things when I was confident enough myself.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski