cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: Releasing Avalon and Excalibur
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:55:25 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Jorg,
>> IIRC it was you who worked on providing proper Avalon and Excalibur
>> artifacts to central. What's the status of your work?
> The status can be found here:
> I figured Cocoon was fully moving away from avalon/excalibur and thus
> lost interest a bit in doing the release.

That's our long term goal and we maybe reach it with 3.0. 2.2 will definitly use
Avalon/Excalibur libs.

> On the release side, there isn't that much left to do. I guess calling a
> vote and go through the formalities should be enough to get the binaries
> released to ibiblio.
> Also, note that i primarily focussed on getting things to work and
> compile. I did not do any work on cleaning up the transitive
> dependencies of the poms.

At a first glance the dependencies don't look bad - everything which is optional
is set to "provided" (e.g. logkit, sourceresolve).

IMO it is very important to get an Avalon/Excalibur release, that will be pushed
to the central Maven repository, out of the door. I don't think it is a good
idea to do a non-milestone release which depends on the Apache snapshot repository.

Would it be possible to link Cocoon to your versions of Avalaon/Excalibur
artifacts in order to test them more widely?

Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail:

View raw message