cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's up with 2.2 ?
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:34:33 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 19.01.2007 18:24, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>
>> Anyway, it would be good
>> if someone with necessary  skills could investigate further and find out
>> why compiling serializers block demands so much memory.
>
> This has always been the case, also for 2.1. It's a problem of the code
> itself. For Cocoon 2.1 the serializers block was not built by the user,
> but a jar was delivered.
>
> I don't know what we can do about it.

I think, we are just suffering from the "not released yet" problem. As
soon as we have released a version of the serializers block, everyone
will just have a dependency to this version and there is no need to
compile the stuff yourself.

In 2.1.x we could just deliver anything inside custom jar files (like
dojo or the serializers). With a clean build system, which we have in
2.2, there is no place for these magic things. That's why we have to
compile the stuff in the serializers block.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/