cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: Configuration handling in 2.2 (properties etc.)
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:26:28 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> I removed the factory :) as it is not needed anymore. We use Spring as
>> the factory and spring generates new FileGenerators for us. So the
>> FileGenerator from trunk is a spring managed bean and not an avalon
>> component anymore.
> IIRC Spring doesn't respect the DisposableBean interface (which is an
> equivalent of the Disposable Avalon interface) on factory produced beans.
> Is this the case on your solution as well?
Yes, Spring does not support DisposableBean in this case, therefore I
added the DisposableSitemapComponent to o.a.c.sitemap. So if a sitemap
component needs cleanup after it has been used, it should implement this

For this use case we have to use a marker interface, so I think it's
better to use our own marker interface (as pipeline components are our
interfaces already).

Carsten Ziegeler

View raw message