cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: every new webapp a block?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:42:12 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi, just curious about something...
>
> The Getting Started page
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1159.html says, "The
> development of any Cocoon web application is done within a block".
>  What's the rationale for that?  I'm just curious, that's all.

Maybe we should change the wording to "[...] Cocoon web application should be
done [...]" to make the statement less exclusive. Though, in tutorials we should
encourage our users to go down this path. This way they learn how to modularize
a Cocoon webapp right from the beginning.

> Is it
> just so that new webapps don't have to bring along their own WEB-INF/?
> In return for that, they just have to provide a
> META-INF/cocoon/spring/core/whatever-block.xml, right?

IIRC META-INF/cocoon/spring/whatever-block.xml, no core.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc