cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: RCL difficulties (was Re: Input modules samples broken in trunk)
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:50:48 GMT
Mark Lundquist skrev:

> On Jan 10, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>

>> On Jan 4, 2007, at 4:51 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>>
>>> [..snip]
>>>
>>> 4) If I want to debug this, I'm going to fiddle around with resources
>>> in the cocoon-core-additional-sample block (like the sitemap, JXTs
>>> etc.).  How do I set things up so that those changes will take effect
>>> on the fly, without having to do some mvn install thing and restart
>>> Jetty?
>>
>> Any clues?
>> —ml—
>
> I just tried setting up the RCL per
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g4/g1/1297.html; is that
> the solution I'm after?
>
> I added the rcl.properties to cocoon-core-addition-sample/pom.xml and
> tweaked the cocoon-webapp/pom.xml, ran "mvn rcl:webapp" there...  but
> when I request the webapp site root in my browser, I get:
>

> Looking at target/rcl/webapp, I see that there's a WEB-INF/ there, but
> that's all.... the sitemap.xmap etc., are all missing.
>
> Any ideas?

Don't know how rcl work, it is mainly for recompiling Java classes on
the fly IIUC. For resources it works as you want OOTB, if you run from
Eclipse. What is important is that you run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from
top level. If you do that (and import the needed projectts into
Eclipse), you can just run the Eclipse Jetty plugin and change the
resources in the blocks and get result immediately. If you instead run
eclipse:eclipse from within a project, you will instead get the
installed jars in your Maven repository as dependencies and the you have
to rebuild and restart.

It is also important to have -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=develop as
argument to the Jetty launcher, otherwise the tree processor will not
reload the resources when they change.

/Daniel