cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: blocks-fw samples etc. (was Re: What is the deal with "blocks")
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:36:03 GMT
Mark Lundquist skrev:
> yes... and, it turns out that the -sample and -demo* are now included in
> the dependencies for cocoon-webapp.  So, I had them all along.  However,
> I have no clue what URI to request to access these samples.  I poked
> around for a long time trying to figure it out, but with no luck (I'm
> still just trying to figure out all this stuff, and learn Maven in the
> process etc.).  Any clues for me?

context path + servlet path (for the dispatcher servlet) + mountPath
(for the block servlet) + path info

In this case that is:

http://localhost:8888 + /blocks-test/* + /cocoon-blocks-fw-sample1 + /test
=
http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/cocoon-blocks-fw-sample1/test

for the first rule in the sitemap in
cocoon-blocks-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/test1

The servlet path part is defined in WEB-INF/web.xml in cocoon-webapp
(and will normally be defined to be /* ).

The mount path is defined in
cocoon-blocks-sample/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-blocks-fw-sample-blockServlet.xml

/Daniel