cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Undefined property?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:03:44 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quibble, but... when I "mvn jetty:run" in cocoon-webapp, it
> creates a directory named "${org.apache.cocoon.work.directory}"... like
> Ant does when you have an undefined property.  The contents of this
> directory is:
>
> 	cocoon-logs/
> 		log4j.log

This was caused due to two bugs :( First one was a missing dependency to
our settings object in the configuration for the log4j configurator and
the second one was a long existing bug sleeping inside the settings
object implementation. It became "active" due to the latest changes :)
This should be fixed now.

> ...and nothing ever gets logged to this file, apparently... all kinds
> of stuff is getting logged to the console, but this log4j.log file
> remains zero-length.

I guess this is the typical classloader/commons-logging problem.
Commons-logging is configured in the app server and does not use the
default configuration (logging to log4j) in your webapp.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de