cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: blocks-fw samples etc. (was Re: What is the deal with "blocks")
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 14:30:43 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>> Also: how do I run the sample/demo from cocoon-blocks-fw?
>>
>> Haven't tried it for some time but if you follow the getting started
>> guide at
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1159.html and
>> add the sample block as further dependency to the myWebapp module
>> (make sure that you have installed them to the local Maven repo
>> before), you should be able to run them.
>
> OK, thanks... but I need a little more know-how here:
>
> 1) Exactly which blocks do I need to add?

I'm not sure what the difference between cocoon-blocks-fw-sample,
cocoon-blocks-fw-demo1 and cocoon-blocks-fw-demo2 is. cocoon-blocks-fw-sample
contains three service servlets with a 'parent/child' and a 'uses' connection.

> 2) How do I install them to my local Maven repo?

Use 'mvn install'. If you invoke the Maven build from cocoon/trunk, the demos
should already be part of it. You can also change to
cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-blocks-fw/cocoon-blocks-fw-sample and call 'mvn
install' from there.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc