cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: What is the deal with "blocks"
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:53:55 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> we could have something like:
>>
>>   <bean id="org.apache.cocoon.blocks.sample.block1"
>> class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
>>     <servlet:context mountPath="/cocoon-blocks-fw-sample1"
>>
>> contextPath="blockcontext:/cocoon-blocks-fw-sample/test1">
>>       <servlet:context-param name="foo" value="bar"/>
>>       <servlet:connection name="test2"
>> value-ref="org.apache.cocoon.blocks.sample.block2"/>
>>     </servlet:context>   </bean>
>
> Does the property placeholder configurer still work for constructs
> like this? I guess yes, because it operates on the bean methods and
> the elements in the servlet namespace are only "syntactical sugar",
> right?
Yes, AFAICS. The custom xml handling basically transforms a bean
definition. And the property place holder will act on the resulting bean
definition. So as long as the resulting bean definition contain
reasonable properties, it should work. We need to think about it during
the design of the formats so that the property path corresponds to the
XML format in some way that seem natural for the user.

/Daniel