cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing "changes" information
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 07:15:28 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>   Currently we have a status.xml for each block in trunk already which
>> lists (should list) changes between 2.1.x and 2.2. I think it is far
>> easier to keep track of changes (= add a comment to the changes
>> document) if it sits right next to the code that was changed. Today,
>> status.xml is not kept accordingly in all cases and I really fear noone
>> will ever add changes to some document stored somewhere else (in Daisy
>> for example).
>>
>> I think it's not a matter of how I edit the document but more a where do
>> I edit it. Handling the changes xml document really requires a minimum
>> of XML as you just have to add an entry element and add your text
>> inbetween.
>>
>> Carsten
>>
> Since we are using maven I'd much rather utilize what is already
> provided than invent something new.  The whole point of maven is to
> allow developers already familiar with it to know what to do and where
> to find it.

Yes. Then I will setup the src/changes/changes.xml files in our modules because
I guess that nobody wants to write a "StatusReport" module for Maven.
As I said before this solution comes with the downside that the description
doesn't allow mixed content. Instead of having no changes reports this is
acceptable ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc