cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reducing the number of POM artifacts in trunk
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:10:30 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> There is one question: In my opinion we have too many parent poms. The
>> configurator is a child of the core-configuration which is a child of
>> core which is a child of Cocoon which is a child of the apache root pom.
>> Is there any way to simplify this?
>
> Yes I know, that's a real PITA. One option is making
> org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules being the parent of all core
> modules and org.apache.cocoon:blocks being the parent of all blocks. (I
> don't want to reduce these two POM modules either as they are needed for
> the site generation.)
>
> But, I don't know if this can cause any problems if the logical
> hierarchy is different to the directory structure. Does anybody know? Jorg?
>
> But maybe we should just try it out ;-)

All core modules depend on the core-modules POM now. This means that we only
have three layers, for example:

trunk/pom.xml ........................ pom artifact
   core/pom.xml ....................... pom artifact
     cocoon-xml ....................... no POM at this level anymore
       cocoon-xml-api/pom.xml ......... jar artifact

The build runs through and also Continuum seems to be happy. We should do the
same now for blocks and tools.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc