cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: i18nTransformer problems with static pages
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:30:44 GMT
On 03.01.2007 17:47, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> Locally we added this svn 'pre-commit' hook to prohibit a commit that
> did not contain a reference to a jira issue. In jira, via an issue,
> you can then find the commits that below to it. Although it is
> sometimes a little annoying, it forces everybody here to work always
> according jira issues and commits can always be easily traced from a
> certain jira issue. Not sure if it would make people happy in an open
> source community :-)

It's at least not that uncommon. The geronimo community worked after an
even stricter model called Review Then Commit (RTC, [1]) until recently.
They created a Jira issue for *every* change and it needed at least 3
positive votes until it got committed.

I agree adding a Jira issue for important svn commits or such
enhancements is a Good Thing, but I would not enforce it.

Regards
Jörg

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=113743624112026&w=4