cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <>
Subject Re: Problems with writing sitemap components as spring beans
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:12:30 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> So far, I've only seen people using labels for debugging pipelines which
> is really not what it was intended for (I think we should provide a
> better alternative for debugging pipelines anyway). If it would be me,
> we could forget about views completly (they are not inherited to sub
> sitemaps, can easily be a security problem etc.)
+1 for dropping views, they are only used for debugging or for other
small tricks for which writing another matcher is better, they introduce
some security risks, and also have some strange behaviors with cocoon://
calls and subsitemaps.

Anyway, for debugging, is the great profiling processing pipeline dead?
because for debugging that was by far better than views, and was in
general a very good piece of software and among the most useful and less
used features in cocoon!!

View raw message