cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with writing sitemap components as spring beans
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:56:58 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> we could provide an abstract parent bean definition
>> (http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/beans.html#beans-child-bean-definitions).
>>

> Yes, but this would also mean that all implementations inherit from an
> abstract class we provide. This is not a big deal, I guess we can live
> with that.

IIRC this is not *required* (thought is convenient in many cases). In an
abstract bean definition you can declare only a property, only the
class, only a factory method or any mix of the preceding and something
more. Obviously if you say that there is a property named "thatStuff",
it will search for setThatStuff, but that could be in a common interface
and does not require that every subclass extends the same abstract base
class.

Simone