cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Planing Cocoon Core 2.2 M3
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 13:49:05 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:

> Daniel and Carsten have been investing a lot of time and work into
> splitting up core into smaller pieces and they have also started to
> transform Avalon components into POJOs. The question now is where to
> draw the line. When is everything being considered stable enough
> (interfaces, classes being in the right modules) to be released as
> release candidate and what should better go into point releases or
> 3.0? Can we render a list of finite tasks?
To get the splitting of the core right will take some time, but that
should not hinder any releases as long as we make clear that people
should depend on the cocoon-core module and that the more fine grained
split that the cocoon-core in turn depend on currently is experimental
and that it is subject to change.

For the POJOfication of the components I think we should keep but
deprecate the possibility to manage sitemap components the Avalon way.
For the rest of the components I don't think that it is worthwhile to
keep the Avalon functionality. But as it will take time to convert them
all we have to live with the situation that some are converted an some
are not. But for most users that should not mater much as they will used
th predefined components anyway.

> As discussed some weeks ago, I would like to release Cocoon Core 2.2
> M3 by the end of the month and have a first release candidate in
> February.
+1

/Daniel